Monday, February 28, 2011

Lesson with student teacher follow-up

This activity went pretty well. I was in and out of the room all day, because of other things going on in the building, but for the most part this lesson was a success. The biggest snag we had when doing this was students getting logged onto the internet (through the internet filters) so that they could use the program.

One thing that she did, that was different than when other teachers have used them, was that students who had not completed their homework were not allowed to use the iPad. I like this and I don't.

Should using the iPads be a priveledge or should it be something that all kids are expected to be able to use as a resource. I have trouble with both sides of this. I agree if you can't get your work done you should have to do it, but should we give them class time to do it? And are we letting them out of another assignment because they didn't get a chance to do the iPad activity? Therefore are we requiring more work of students who stay up to date with their work?

I am not sure the answers to these questions, but I think it is something to think about if we are planning on expanding our iPad curriculum in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment