Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Citing an App (MLA style)

This has been a big question we have had here. There are great resources on the iPad to use for research, but how do you cite them in a paper or project, or even include them on a Works Cited page? I have done some research and come up with NOTHING!!! All the answers say to use a citation machine, well all the citation machines I have looked at don't have "application" as an option. I know that it is similar to a website, but it isn't the same thing. SO.... I have taken it upon myself to create a way to cite an app here at the Freshman Center. We will use this format until an official one comes out, actually I am shocked we are still waiting for one! Author's name (if applicable). "Name of App." Name of company that makes the app. Date app became available. App. Date of Access. Hope this helps anyone running into the same problems.

2 comments:

  1. Trailblazer!!! beautiful. good enough for me! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the format posted here: http://linkyy.com/eAS and created a form for student use in gathering the info.

    ReplyDelete